Employers of all sizes and sectors recognizing, valuing and embedding earn & learn opportunities across their organisation, so supporting economic growth, encouraging diversity and inclusion, increasing social mobility and – ultimately – alleviating poverty.
Earn & learn pathways of all types valued highly by employers, potential recruits, influencers and policy makers.
To alleviate poverty by working with employers, policymakers and others to drive up the number, quality and range of earn & learn opportunities across the UK, benefiting businesses, individuals, the economy and society.
We do this through collaboration – leading, partnering and convening –
- Leading thinking and stimulating debate among employers, policy makers and educators on skills, building the pipeline and developing a world-leading workforce including earn & learn.
- Partnering with others on activities which meet the needs of different stakeholder groups, build the case for earn & learn and connect people with opportunities.
- Convening employers, influencers and others to share experience and best practice, develop thinking and celebrate success around earn & learn careers and routes.
How we will measure success?
- For individuals: more people from all backgrounds entering and completing high quality earn & learn opportunities.
- For employers: a high-quality, diverse workforce with the skills to drive their organisations forward successfully.
- For society: a more inclusive, fulfilled and robust social model. Earn and learn routes to employment regarded highly, with clear ‘parity of esteem’.
- For policy-makers and the economy: a strong supply of appropriately skilled talent, with significant numbers coming via earn & learn.
- For The 5% Club : a growing, increasingly diverse, number of organisations committed to earn & learn. A growing number of members aspiring to achieve at least 5% of their workforce in earn & learn within 5 years.