The 5% Club Fellowship Application Process
The 5% Club Fellowship
To mark the Tenth Anniversary of the founding of The 5% Club (2013-2023), Ften Fellows were created, so that we could recognise those individuals who had driven inspired action across and within our movement and impacted positively on the delivery of increased, inclusive and accessible workplace learning for all.
The 10th Anniversary 10 Fellows are listed here.
It is intended that The Club will confer Fellowship on selected individuals each year.
These individuals will have inspired positive action themselves, as an individual or as a leader within our movement or within their own organisation.
What our Fellows do for The 5% Club
The 5% Club Fellows are a select group of the most “inspired actors” and communicators selected from across our movement and who champion our purpose, make a difference in the earn and learn arena and across our membership, and act as a role model for others as they look to deliver our desired social impact. Our Fellows are available to share advice and guidance by supporting the delivery of our events, through their own thought-leadership, or by connecting us to the right people in their own professional networks. They help us shape our thinking and operational activities and will be invited to sit on our Steering Group or Advisory Panel.
Nominate yourself or another to be a Fellow
Perhaps you work for someone who understands our vision and purpose, and who fully gets the need for increased and accessible workplace learning for all. You might know of, or be inspired by an individual who has broken new ground within “earning and learning”. They may act as a positive role model in championing workplace learning and how it can assist with workplace inclusion, especially for those from underrepresented or marginalised groups. In such a case please feel free to nominate them or suggest to them that they nominate themselves.
Of course, this might also sound like you! If so, we very much welcome you to nominate yourself. We are open to Fellowship applications from everyone because when this accolade is bestowed it will always be incredibly well-deserved. If you have been referred to the scheme or have been encouraged to put yourself forward, we very much hope you choose to do so.
Main Criteria for Nominations
These individuals will have demonstrated a long-term commitment to our vision and purpose and will have a proven track record in shaping and delivering increased, inclusive and accessible workplace learning for all. Our Fellows will come from any size or type of organisation, or from any sector or place.
The award of our Fellowships is reserved for those who can clearly demonstrate significant achievements over a substantial period of time; they will have made a difference and this will be clear to, and inspire the actions of others.
Nominations for The 5% Club Fellowship must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- A substantive record of supporting the strategic direction and operations of The 5% Club.
- Significant achievements in growing increased volumes of workplace learning activity, across Apprenticeships, Graduate Schemes and Sponsored Students.
- Significant achievements in driving the accessibility and inclusion to workplace learning.
- Outstanding contribution to thought leadership that has shaped the delivery of increased, accessible and inclusive workplace learning.
The 5% Club celebrates the diverse cultures, communities and backgrounds across our society. We encourage participation from underrepresented communities and we always welcome the opportunity to recognise outstanding and inspiring individuals from these groups.
Nominate one of your Team
If you are a senior leader, please consider sponsoring those in your organisation to be part of our Fellowship. It is a great way to ensure that the brightest stars keep shining and join an influential community of that makes the difference.
How to Nominate?
- Nominate yourself – simply complete our nomination form.
- Suggest to someone in your network they nominate themselves – If there is someone making a difference within your network, why not suggest they self-nominate using our nomination form, which includes the option to include your name as the person who referred them, and suggested that they apply.
- Nominating someone – simply send the name of the person or people to firstname.lastname@example.org . If available in the public domain, please include:
- Link(s) to an online biography or relevant article(s).
- Details of their main current role or roles: job title(s) and organisation(s).
- A short supporting statement (500 words or less) highlighting which criteria you feel they meet.
With this approach we ask that you do not inform the nominee(s), whilst an assessment takes place and a decision reached.
- Nominations are now open
- Nominations close 30 September 2024
- Announcement and recognition event – end of 2024
Nomination form is here
Please send all completed Nomination Forms to email@example.com
Please direct all queries about the Fellowship to firstname.lastname@example.org