In partnership with ManpowerGroup, The 5% Club is running an online event on the Government Kickstart scheme.
Young people are being hit hard by the Covid-19 crisis, with unemployment numbers rising. To help address this, the Government launched the Kickstart programme – designed to support 300,000 young people into paid work placements.
Backed with £2 billion in funding, the scheme runs until the end of 2021 and is designed to provide quality work experience opportunities as well as employability training and support.
To help employers and young people benefit from this scheme, we’re bringing together an expert panel to help get you started. Joined by DWP and Aggregate Industries, an early adopter of the scheme, this session will will cover:
- The rules of the kickstart scheme
- How you can develop a successful Kickstart programme
- How Kickstart can be integrated into your existing early years programmes
- What your responsibilities are for employability support
- What your options are if you are looking to make fewer than 30 placements
- The session will include a live Q&A at the end of the webinar, where we’ll endeavour to put as many of your questions to the speakers as possible.
- Geraint Williams – Kickstart Operations & Engagement Lead, DWP
- Laura Parker – Head of Learning and Development, Aggregate Industries
Date: Wednesday, January 27
Time: 11:00am -12noon
Booking: please register here