NEW – The Employer Audit
The 5% Club is delighted to announce a major new employer benchmarking programme that will recognise the UK’s leading employers of apprentices, graduates and degree placement students – and provide invaluable benchmarking information for apprenticeship managers, graduate recruiters and senior management.
The new Employer Audit will provide each employer taking part in the research with official accreditation as either a Bronze, Silver or Gold member of The 5% Club, along with an exclusive benchmarking research report analysing their latest employment and recruitment of ‘earn as you learn’ graduates, apprentices and trainees.
“I am a big supporter of The 5% Club and the way they continue to inspire positive employer action for apprenticeships and earning whilst learning routes. This new initiative, which will recognise those employers who truly invest in and lead the skills agenda, will do much to further our Plan for Jobs and help Build Back Better after COVID-19.”
Gillian Keegan MP, Minister for Apprenticeships and Skills
Please note – The Employer Audit for 2021 is now closed. Members will have an opportunity to be awarded Gold, Silver or Bronze membership in 2022.
What is the Employer Audit?
The 5% Club is launching this new annual research programme, in partnership with High Fliers Research, to support and validate employers as they work towards recruiting and employing at least 5% of their UK workforce on graduate, apprenticeships of other ‘earn as you learn’ training programmes.
The Employer Audit will provide each participating employer with:
- Official accreditation for employers whose apprentices, graduates and degree placement students represent at least 5% of their UK workforce who will be awarded Gold Membership of The 5% Club, those whose ‘earn as you learn’ employees are at least 2.5% of their workforce will be awarded Silver Membership, and other employers participating in the research will attain Bronze Membership.
- Enhanced logo – to reflect your Bronze, Silver or Gold membership for use on your website, social media, contract bids etc.
- A confidential research report analysing their organisation’s employment and recruitment of graduates, apprentices and other ‘earn and learn’ employees – benchmarked with other employers in their industry or business sector, and across the wider membership of The 5% Club.
- One delegate place at The 5% Club Annual Employer Symposium, to be held in London on 4th November 2021. This inaugural celebration will showcase new Bronze, Silver and Gold members, presenting awards for employers that have demonstrated outstanding commitment and progress with their ‘earn as your learn’ programmes, and highlighting key research from the Employer Audit.
What is the cost
The Employer Audit is competitively priced and includes an introductory discount for this first year of the research:
- Large Employer (250+ employees) – £
- Small or medium-sized employers (fewer than 250 employees) – £
What is the entry process?
- Participants are asked to complete an online questionnaire of 10 questions.
- You will be required to submit your ‘earn and learn’ data (the number of employees on graduate schemes, apprenticeships and other ‘earn and learn’ training programmes) and this percentage will be used to award your bronze, silver or gold membership.
- The breadth and balance of your organisation’s schemes and programmes
- Your organisation’s commitment to inclusion and social mobility.
- The quality of your organisation’s training and development schemes, including assurance, standards and completion rates.
- Plans for future growth of ‘earn as you learn’ opportunities.
- All non-data questions are straightforward tick box/ or yes/no with some free text for additional information.
- The non-data questions will provide context and back ground information, they will not be used to impact the level of award gained.
- A researcher will be allocated to you so you can check any queries you may have.
- Once submitted, the researcher will get in touch to verify your answer (a brief telephone call).
- We anticipate the questionnaire taking no more than a few hours of your time to complete.
What are the key dates?
- Entry is now open with the opportunity to join the Audit up until 30th July
- The research will be compiled and verified during August/early September
- Your research report and confirmation of your award level will be notified in late September/October
- We ask that at this point you keep your award level confidential for announcement on 4th November at the Employer Audit Symposium when your award will be presented by Gillian Keegan MP, Minister for Apprenticeships and Skills.
Is this an annual process?
- Yes, we will be running the Employer Audit every year to ensure we reflect the latest award level according to members’ commitment to ‘earn and learn’.
How will my award be promoted?
- All participating members will be given a specially designed, dated gold, silver or bronze logo. to use in their external comms plans and promotions.
- All Audit participants will be profiled and promoted on The 5% Club’s website.
- Members will also be given materials to support the announcement of their award for the 4th November event.
How do I confirm my participation in the Employer Audit?
- Confirm your participation via the confirmation form below.
- Select and complete invoice details (if another payment method is required please contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Confirm understanding of the terms and conditions.
- You will then receive a link to a simple online questionnaire, to complete between 14th June and 31st July 2021.
- Your entry will be checked and validated, which may include a short telephone interview or follow-up emails with a researcher.
- Your research report will be available in September/October and you’ll be invited to attend the Annual Employer Symposium in November.
The Club will be holding a briefing event on the Employer Audit on Wednesday 14 July at 11.30am – click here to register