Our 2021-22 Gold, Silver and Bronze Members
Earlier in 2021 The 5% Club launched a major new employer benchmarking programme that recognises the UK’s leading employers of apprentices, graduates and degree placement students – and provides invaluable benchmarking information for apprenticeship managers, graduate recruiters and senior management.
The new Employer Audit provides each employer taking part in the research with official accreditation as either a Bronze, Silver or Gold member of The 5% Club, along with an exclusive benchmarking research report analysing their latest employment and recruitment of ‘earn as you learn’ graduates, apprentices and trainees.
The inaugural Gold, Silver and Bronze memberships were awarded in November 2021. Seventy-three trail-blazing Members participated in the first year of this new Employer Recognition Scheme.
- “adi Group are tremendously proud of our apprenticeship program and to be externally recognised by The 5% Club as a Gold award winner is not only a great accolade, but more importantly, supports our business’ on-going commitment to the next generation of engineers”
James Sopwith, Group Strategic Account Director, adi Group
- “Being awarded Gold with The 5% Club shows our commitment to delivering quality apprenticeship programmes and highlights to young people that we will invest in their future.”
Ceri Travers, Organisational Development & Early Careers Manager, William Hare Limited
- “Here at RS Components we are so proud to be among the Gold members of The 5% club. We as a business have felt very supported by The 5% Club since joining and have benefitted greatly by our affiliation with them.”
Tim Beasley, Apprenticeship Programme Manager, RS Components Ltd
- “Here at TransUnion, we’re delighted to have been named a silver member of The 5% Club. As an organisation, we’re committed to raising the number of ‘earn and learn’ roles to help support and educate our colleagues, so they can fulfil their career ambitions.
Tammy Taylor-Stowe, Chief Human Resources Officer, TransUnion UK
- “We are absolutely delighted to have been awarded Gold membership following the recent Employer Audit. The success of our business and the accolades we receive, are only possible because of the outstanding people we employ. We are proud of the number of earn and learn roles that we offer which bring fresh talent and diverse perspectives to our organisation and are committed to continuously increasing the opportunities available.”
Laura Bell, Group HR & OD Manager, Bellway Homes Limited
- “Bagnalls has employed apprentices for over 100 years. We fully believe in offering people the chance to earn as they learn when they may not have prior experience. In particular, we want to support young people to access opportunities and get a foot onto the career ladder. To show our support for apprenticeships, we made a commitment to The 5% Club in 2016. We know from years of experience that by investing in the training and development of colleagues that we will have a skilled and committed team for the future. As proud Gold members, I think it is essential that we communicate and share the benefits of being members of The 5% Club and encourage other companies to consider making this important commitment too. Apprenticeships are good for industries struggling to recruit and retain talent, and for society as a whole.”
Ellie Jobes, HR Director, Bagnalls