In partnership with ManpowerGroup, The 5% Club ran an online event on the Government Kickstart scheme.
Young people are being hit hard by the Covid-19 crisis, with unemployment numbers rising. To help address this, the Government launched the Kickstart programme – designed to support 300,000 young people into paid work placements.
Backed with £2 billion in funding, the scheme runs until the end of 2021 and is designed to provide quality work experience opportunities as well as employability training and support.
To help employers and young people benefit from this scheme, we’re bringing together an expert panel to help get you started. Joined by DWP and Aggregate Industries, an early adopter of the scheme, this session we will cover:
- The rules of the kickstart scheme
- How you can develop a successful Kickstart programme
- How Kickstart can be integrated into your existing early years programmes
- What your responsibilities are for employability support
- What your options are if you are looking to make fewer than 30 placements
- The session will include a live Q&A at the end of the webinar, where we’ll endeavour to put as many of your questions to the speakers as possible.
- Geraint Williams – Kickstart Operations & Engagement Lead, DWP
- Laura Parker – Head of Learning and Development, Aggregate Industries
Watch the recording here – you will find full screen options in the bottom right hand corner when you start the video
Other useful resources:
- The 5% Club and ManpowerGroup Kickstart presentation 2021
- The Future for Workers, By Workers: Making the Next Normal Better for All
- Ensuring Generation Z is not Lost to the Pandemic: Movement to Work